Monday, September 7, 2009

I did it!

Since high school, I have always worked out in some sort of fashion. It hasn't always been consistently but I would take some classes at the rec center here and their. About 8 weeks ago, I decided that I was going to start running. I did some research on the Internet and it said the best way to become a runner is to find a race and sign up. So, I did. I signed up for the Chick Fil A 5K on Labor Day. The website also said you should give yourself about 8 weeks to get ready. So, 8 weeks ago I started running. Beginning with a mile or so and working my way to 3 miles. I used this website called mapmyrun.com. It is a very cool website that allows you to put your address in and map your neighborhood so you can see how far you are running each time. Some weeks I did better than others but surprisingly I was getting better each time and even actually enjoying myself a little bit!

So, this morning was the race and I DID IT! I have never been very athletic and I didn't play sports in high school so I don't have allot of confidence in myself when it comes to this sort of thing but I was determined that I was going to finish this race. I wasn't trying to win, JUST FINISH!

I asked my friend Erica to run with me. Here we are before the race.



Erica is an aerobics instructor. She is in much better shape than me! I told her don't worry about me, just run. We will cross the same finish line. I knew their was no way I could stay up with her and I was right! She finished 81 and I finished 451 out of about 900-1000 people. But hey, I finished and that was my goal!

Here were are after the race.



Chris and Addyson came along for moral support.





Now that I have done one, I am going to do more. I plan to do another one in a few weeks, trying to talk the hubby into doing it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment