Thursday, July 2, 2009

What's In A Name?

When I first began warming up to the idea of doing this all I could think about was what would my blog be called??? We could always be "The Caldwell Family Blog" but I wanted something more unique than that. I wanted a name that said something about our family. After bugging my husband for a creative idea (because he is very creative even though he doesn't ever show it) and him being no help, I was stuck. So, I started writing down words that pertained to our family and things we enjoyed and in Oprah's words I had an "ah ha" moment! Where we as a family are the happiest is "Somewhere in the Sun." Be it that we are swimming in a family members pool, going to the zoo, or just hanging out in the backyard it seems to be were we enjoy ourselves the most. Now obviously our most favorite place to be "in the sun" is somewhere sunny, where their is LOTS of sand, and waves crashing onto the beach. Being that we live in Tennessee we don't get to those types of places very often. As a matter of fact, the last time we even saw sand was on our honeymoon. Isn't it gorgeous? When this picture was taken I was convinced we would be back before now but my, my how God has plans for you that you can't even imagine for yourself!






So, that's where "Somewhere in the Sun" came from. The place where we as a family get to just be together and enjoy each other. Even if it is only for a few moments. In those few moments we don't think about work, money, or chores. We just enjoy the blessings that God has given us.


No comments:

Post a Comment