Monday, October 26, 2009

Cindy Loo Whoo

So, its been almost a MONTH since I have posted anything on this blog. Life has just been crazy lately. It seems every weekend their has been something going on and no time to post anything. So, I told myself starting this week I would get better.

In the last month, I think Addyson has changed so much. She surprises Chris an I everyday with what she knows and the things she says. She has turned from our sweet little baby into a very independent two year old. These days everything is "mine" and "I do it myself." While most days I am very thankful for the patience that God has given me with motherhood, it is very exciting to watch her transition from a toddler to a little girl.

This past weekend, we went to Zoo Boo. The Memphis Zoo hosts a fundraising event ever year for Lebonheur Children's Medical Hospital during Halloween. You go to the zoo in costume and trick or treat. It is a lot of fun for the kids.

This year Addyson is being Cindy Loo Whoo for Halloween. If you don't know who that is, she is the little girl from the Dr. Seuss book/Jim Carrey Movie "How The Grinch Stole Christmas." I bought her the dress but with the help of my mother-in law sewed the red cape that she is wearing.

The hair was a challenge but after a few ideas, I decided to use her own hair and A LOT of hairspray. The costume came out really great and everyone seem to love it. I am looking forward to Halloween this weekend so we can dress her up again.








No comments:

Post a Comment