Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

Addyson has become VERY independent these days but anytime you give her the opportunity to help with anything she gets VERY excited! On Saturday, I let her help make daddy a special Valentine's breakfast. My intentions were to make "circular" home made biscuits but when I got the cookie cutter out to cut out the biscuits, Addyson wanted to get them ALL out. So, daddy's biscuits ended up looking like this...



She had so much fun playing in the dough. The biscuits turned out really good. Daddy was very suprised and Addyson was very proud!







We didn't do gifts this year because things are very tight around here right now but I did help Addyson make something for her daddy. It came out really cute.



It is a magnet for the fridge. Found the idea on the Nick Jr website. They have tons of crafts for every holiday and then just some for every day. Of course, the middle picture was suppose to be some character from the tv shows but I thought Daddy would appreciate a picture of his "valentine" more than a picture of a "Backyardigan."

Being that I have more time on my hands these days, I also sewed Addyson a dress for church on Sunday. It came out ok but it needs a few alterations. I am learning that sewing is all about practice....



On Sunday, we all went to church and then Daddy cooked Addyson and I a very yummy dinner. It was the perfect Valentine's Day. I got to spend it with my two favorite people!

1 comment: